Special Session on “From Instrumentation to Metrology” - Women in Microwave Engineering Event
Date: Tuesday 1st October 2019
Location: WiM stand, Room E07
WIM Chair: Audrey MARTIN, University of Limoges, France
WIM Co-chair: Anne Laure FRANC, University of Toulouse, France
We continue the tradition of holding the Women in Microwave Engineering (WiM) event, co-sponsored by the IEEE MTT-Society. This year´s event, focusing on Instrumentation and Metrology, will take you on a visit to “Musée des Arts et Métiers – CNAM” (https://www.arts-et-metiers.net). This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of inventors and pioneers of progress and explore a one-of-a-kind repository of scientific and technical knowledge. Both women and men are welcome.
Before visiting the museum, presentations will be done by scientists:
• 'Over-the-Air Test: From AM Radio to mmWaves'
Dr. Kate A. REMLEY from NIST (USA)
• 'See the World Outside of the Design Lab'
Dr. Amele SALAH from Keysight (France)
• 'Oscilloscope-Based Setups for the Nonlinear Characterization of Microwave Tranisistors'
Dr. Valerie VADALA from Univeristy of Ferrara (Italy).
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with high school students who are invited to participate in this event, Bus transportation to the museum will be provided.
Please register for the event by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that places are limited and assigned on a first-come first-served basis
The European Microwave Association (EuMA) is an international non-profit association with a scientific, educational and technical purpose. The aim of the Association is to develop in an interdisciplinary way, education, training and research activities. [more]
- Download the 2020 call for papers in pdf format
- Exhibitor application for EuMW 2020
- Download templates for Workshops & Short courses
- Download the template for Focussed and Special Sessions
Future & Past Events
News and Press
- EuMW Announces New Dates for 2020 Event